The term ‘marketing localization’ has become synonymous with running an enterprise in recent years and for the right reasons.
Defining marketing localization in lucid words is simple. It goes like this. Marketing localization is the process of understanding the target audience and then figuring out the type of content that would resonate with their preferences. After the content type is identified, the same is localized by altering its language, visuals as well as user experience in a manner that is on par with the cultural, linguistic and socio-political nuances of the target location.
Benefits of Marketing Localization
The benefits of promotional (marketing) localization are many. Some of the most compelling ones are mentioned below.
- With the help of marketing localization entrepreneurs can offer the target audience segments a bespoke customer experience. In this way, the same product (or service) can find success in both emerging and developed economies.
- Marketing localization can help a brand ensure that its promotional collateral, product/service messaging, taglines, commercials, etc. respect the emotional, cultural and socio-political nuances of the target market segment.
- Marketing localization helps a brand to position itself appropriately in a new untapped market segment where similar products or services are already being offered. In this way, a brand can develop its unique identity in the minds of the target market segment. Furthermore, with the help of marketing localization, instances of brand alienation and confusion can be kept at bay. In simple words, marketing localization allows a brand to “personify” itself through uniquely localized messaging and promotional strategies.
Marketing Localization Trends for 2023
The marketing localization trends in 2023 are a bit more nuanced compared to the trends of 2022. Some of those trends are mentioned in the sections below.
Marketers are now focussing on quality over quantity
This year, entrepreneurs are now focussing on high quality marketing collateral in limited amounts. Last year, the trend was to saturate the target market segments with huge quantities of localized promotional collateral and that backfired. When the target audience is bombarded with a large amount of promotional collateral from a brand they prefer, the affinity or let’s just say, the attractiveness of the brand and its products/services reduces among the target market segments. The key to the success of a product or service is to keep the target audience in suspense. Entrepreneurs are now investing in high quality localized content and releasing them after large gaps in the timeline of marketing campaigns in a bid to keep their products and services attractive.
Localization is preferred when revenue growth is the goal
Localization services is preferred by brands when their primary goal is revenue growth. As marketing localization is synonymous with building brand awareness, improving web traffic and increasing conversions of leads to recurring customers, brands rely on marketing localization in a bid to grow their profits in a short timeframe.
Startups can make it big quickly with localization
Startups from the beginning partner up with veteran localization agencies as marketing localization allows startups to –
- Easily enter new markets
- Achieve goals in no time
- Ensure long-term growth
- Ensure the overall Search Engine ranks of their website/e-store and app store rank of their apps are at an all-time high.
- Create a loyal base of returning customers.
Marketing localization is a necessity for businesses from all sectors and of all sizes as well as ages. If the person reading this post needs marketing localization services for their venture then we can help. We at BeyondWordz have a dedicated in-house team of linguists, copywriters, and marketing strategists who are capable of putting brands on the global map in no time. Contact us now to discuss for marketing localization Services.